Op zoek naar een mooie baan in een prachtige omgeving? Nes Ammim Israël zoekt een tuinman/vrouw.
Je bent mede verantwoordelijk voor verzorging en onderhoud van de botanische tuinen van Nes Ammim, in totaal bijna 2,5 hectare. Ook irrigatie behoort tot je verantwoordelijkheden.
Sollicitaties worden direct in behandeling genomen.
Are you looking for a job in a beautiful surrounding? Nes Ammim Israel is looking for a Gardener
Nes Ammim is a village in the Western Galilee, Israel, dedicated to encounter and dialogue, learning and hospitality. In its midst lives an international ecumenical Christian community, founded and supported by European Christians and churches. Its members, motivated by the lessons of the past and the challenges of the present, are living, working and learning in solidarity with the wide spectrum of people in the country, Jews, Arabs and others.
The garden area is approximately 8 ha. (80 Dunam), half of which is irrigated and non-irrigated lawns. It contains also a botanical garden of 2,5 ha with a wide variety of plants, some native to Israel and others from all over the world.
- Executing and developing the maintenance of the garden in an ecological approach.
- Mowing, weeding, spraying, cleaning paths, pruning, cutting dead wood, replanting.
- Maintaining and improving the irrigation systems for lawns and botanical garden respecting up to date findings of water saving management.
- Buying, planting and replanting flowers, bushes or trees in certain areas.
- Maintenance and correct use of garden equipment (machines and tools).
- Guiding tours with interested volunteers or guests through the garden. (optional)
- Providing written information for interested volunteers or guests. (optional)
- Practical work experience;
- A secondary or higher education of horticulture has the preference;
- A reasonable knowledge of English;
- Good communicative and social skills;
- Interest in the ideology and Christian background of Nes Ammim;
- Willingness to live in a small village community for a minimum period of one year.
- A varied, full-time position as a volunteer with responsibility in a beautiful surrounding.
- Accommodation, meals, pocket money, health insurance, contribution to pension provisions.
- An interesting study program